Be Healthy. Be Ageless. Be You. (480) 247-2502
Health and Fitness
Go to this link for information on Skype sessions:
Skype Exercise Sessions or contact us.
We want to help you look better, perform better, and feel better. Weight loss, improving your total cholesterol numbers, core strength, postural improvement and functional strength can be specifically addressed through our specialized programs.
We are located in Austin, TX. We can train you in your home, at your fitness facility, or via Skype.
We offer conventional and functional training by designing personalized fitness programs. These programs will help you lose weight, increase your endurance, improve your total cholesterol, core strength, posture, functional strength, as well as challenge and motivate you. You can also train with us via webcam sessions.
Losing weight can be of benefit to your health and wellness in several ways:
- It can increase your lifespan. Moderate daily activity, caloric restriction, and weight loss can help maintain insulin sensitivity and perhaps help longevity.
- Weight loss lowers your blood pressure. Carrying extra weight increases the workload on the heart. By losing weight, the heart is able to work more efficiently with less effort.
- You can decrease your reliance on medication by losing weight. In 7 to 10 weeks you can lose 7 to 10 pounds, which will help you, improve your health, manage your diabetes better, and may even allow you to cut back on your diabetes medications with approval from your doctor.
- Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by weight loss, currently there is no cure for Type 2 diabetes, but it can be reversed by eating right and exercising regularly. In addition to helping you lose weight and build muscle, exercise stimulates insulin sensitivity, enabling the body to better manage its blood sugar.
You can improve your total cholesterol numbers. Excess cholesterol in your blood can lead to heart disease; the leading cause of death in the United States. About 1 in 6 Americans have high cholesterol of 240 mg/dL or higher. Ideally, total cholesterol should be lower than 200 mg/dL. There are a number of things you can do every day to improve your total cholesterol numbers:
- Enjoy at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 to 4 days per week.
- Eat a diet rich in whole grains, high-fiber foods, vegetables, fruits, lean meats and poultry, with fish at least two times per week.
- Limit your desserts and full fat dairy products.
- Stop smoking!
- Reduce your sodium intake to less than 1500 mg per day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
You can improve your core strength? Would you be able to move if you had no arms and no legs? If you had good core strength, you would be able to move forward, backward, sideways and get up and lie down. Core strength is developed along the front, back and the sides of the body. The core contains the groups of muscles which attach to the hips and extend up to and back down from, the shoulders; all movements are effected from the core. When you have good, foundational core strength, all of the actions of the extremities are more stable and strong.
Take note of your posture. You can work on postural improvement. Dr. Paul Varnas says that “If all people were like Massai Warriors, looking out over the plains of tall Serengeti grass, there would be no need to worry about posture”. The implication here is that the postural muscles have to be utilized on a consistent and regular basis. If not, our ability to stand upright will deteriorate. Most postural problems can be attributed to weakness in the posterior chain muscles. These muscles are commonly referred to as the anti-gravity muscles as they are key to good posture. The Ab-Sutra team will thoroughly assess the strengths, weaknesses and inhibitions of your posture. In addressing these areas, we will design a program that will enable you ‘Stand Tall and Look Good’. You will experience improved posture, increased energy, and a newer outlook on life.
Functional strength can benefit you in your daily activities. You will learn to stabilize your body and engage your muscular system in a variety of ways. When you see people at the gym, a lot of them are using the weight machines or allowing their bodies to be supported while they exercise; this is fine for isolated strength. In our daily lives, however, we do not isolate our movements, so why do so many exercise in this fashion? Functional training mimics the actions and movements you perform in your daily life. So the strength you gain can be seen and felt in all aspects of your life. Through functional training, you will increase your functional strength and positively enhance the movements in your daily, recreational or athletic activities.
Do you want to lose weight and fit into that old pair of jeans? Perhaps you have a reunion coming up and you want to look your best. Are you tired of your aching back? Do you want to have the energy and flexibility to play with your grandchildren? How about your wedding or your friend’s wedding? Are you looking and feeling your best as you try on that dress or tuxedo?
At Ab-Sutra Health and Fitness, we provide our clients in the Scottsdale, AZ community and beyond with the tools and guidance necessary to achieve their goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle by specializing in modalities that help them look better, perform better, and feel better.
- Discover our fitness services
- Contact us today to begin the journey toward improving your health and fitness.
Follow us on: